Fast, Effective Drain Cleaning in Calgary
Is your drain clogged, adding worry to an already stressful day? Clogged drains are an inconvenience filled with bacteria swarming in your sinks and bad smells floating through your home. If you’ve tried fixing the problem with store-brand cleaners and nothing seems to work, you need the help of a professional.
Commercial Mechanical Services is experienced at cleaning even the nastiest, toughest clogs for reliable drain cleaning
and surrounding areas. Whether you’re experiencing an issue with your sewer line or tree roots may be causing your pipes to clog, our licensed plumbers are experienced at troubleshooting many types of residential and commercial plumbing issues to your complete satisfaction.Signs of Drain Clogs and the Causes
The reason you need to get drain cleaning in Calgary is because your drain becomes clogged. There are many signs that indicate your drain has become clogged, including:
- Water coming up from the drain
- Water pooling around the drain before going down
- Water draining very slowly
- Toilet constantly running
- Gurgling noise coming from the drain
- Puddles of water form near the tub
- Rotting food smells in the kitchen drain
While you may think you’re careful with your drains, many different things can cause a drain clog. The most common causes of drain clogs are everyday objects and materials, including:
- Hair from the shower
- Plants and roots
- Grease and food scraps from the kitchen
- Toiletries like baby wipes
- Foreign objects like children’s toys
Water pipes can break from general wear and tear and this breakage can also cause clogs in your drains. With so many things that can cause drain clogs, it’s important that you get regular Calgary drain cleaning to prevent some major inconveniences and bacteria-filled problems.
How to Clean a Drain
Before calling someone for professional drain cleaning in Calgary, you can try some DIY methods to see if they relieve the problem. If the clog isn’t too bad and there isn’t any damage to your pipes, using the following tools might help:
- Plunger: You can use a cup or standard plunger in your toilet, shower or sink to remove clogs from the drains.
- Flange plunger: Flange plungers have rubber flaps that fold out from inside the cup. This is likely to be more effective for plunging toilets.
- Bent wire: In some instances, like with sinks or tubs, you can insert a bent wire into the drain and manually pull up the clog.
If you try any or all of these methods to no avail, it’s time to call a plumber for help. The team at Commercial Mechanical Services is well-versed in all types of drains, allowing us to provide expert cleaning services no matter what drain is clogged. Depending on the severity of the clog at your home, we may need to employ the use of video inspection technology to determine the cause of the blockage. This will help us ensure we clean all of the drains that need it.
Request a Free Quote Today
You can rest assured we’ll treat your home as if it were our own, while providing fast, efficient service. We clean up so thoroughly afterwards, you won’t even know we were there. When it comes to Calgary drain cleaning, we really know our stuff! Contact Commercial Mechanical Services to request a free quote today.